The building that now houses UWO’s Physics Department, opened its doors in 1925 as the Science Building. Radar research was conducted here during WWII. At one point there was a small, unheated shack on the roof where physicists studied antenna interference patterns. The shack was later moved to make it more accessible.

Images from University of Western Ontario, Physics Dept. archive


Terms of Use
Problem with an entry?